Ready to Submit?
- Through October 31st, MADCO will be accepting choreography submissions for approval to be a part of our Dare to Dance Choreographic Showcase. The entry fee is $25 per submission and winners will be selected and notified by December 10th.
- Works selected will have an opportunity to perform at the Touhill Performing Arts Center on the University of Missouri - St. Louis campus as a part of MADCO 2's performance weekend January 24-26, 2019.
- Across Thursday and Friday evening's performances, two winners will be selected and will perform alongside MADCO 2 on the Saturday evening show:
- Artistic Director's Choice will win $100 and rehearsal time to set their work on MADCO 2.
- Audience Choice winner will win $100.
Rules of Entry
- Any choreographer aged 18+ can enter by filling out our online application.
- Submissions must include a video of 5-7 minutes with title, number of dancers and a short description.
- Entry fee is $25 and will be required at time of application submission.
- All submissions are due with payment by October 31st.
- If selected, choreographers and dancers must commit to performing by January 5th. An additional $25 fee will be required to cover the cost of lighting and technical elements.
How many entries will be chosen?
10 works will be chosen for performances taking place January 24-26, 2019.
Some of my dancers in the video are under 18. Is that ok?
All dancers and choreographers entered into competition must be 18 or over for legal and liability reasons.
My video isn't very professional/was taken from a rehearsal/is not in an ideal space. Is that ok?
Your video will be evaluated based on the quality of the choreography. As long as we can see the movement, we're happy!
I'm not based in St. Louis. Is that a problem? Will I need to be there all 3 nights?
MADCO is accepting submission regardless of the choreographer's location. Selected entries will be assigned either January 24th or 25th for their showcase date. If selected as a winner for the Artistic Director or Audience choice, the choreographer and dancers will be expected to perform on January 26th as well.
How are winners selected to perform alongside MADCO 2 on Saturday?
Our Artistic Director will be looking for a piece that she feels shows exceptional artistic and choreographic expression and that will serve to challenge and expand the MADCO 2 repertoire. Each night, the audience will vote on their favorite piece. As the audience will likely change, be sure to invite your friends and family to increase your chances!
Email us at email@example.com for more info.